Step 1 :
Implant a microchip. Microchip is needed for bring your pet into India
Step 2 :
Give Rabies Vaccination & other vaccinations to your dog/cat
Dog/Cat can only enter India at least 30 days after the vaccination. The vaccination in Indonesia valid for 1 year
Step 3 :
Apply for export permit, International Health Certificate and Indian Import permit (No Objection Certificate/ NOC)
- Only 2 pets are allowed per person.
- The name of owner in the official health certificate must match with the name as mentioned in the ticket of owner to establish ownership.
- The name and address of the owner in the country of origin and in the country of arrival (import) must be mention on the health certificate.
The declaration from the owner that the dog/cat is bonafide pet with no commercial interest, gift and breeding purpose.
- If you are a citizen of India wishing to travel with your pet to the country, you must have been abroad for more than two years and any short visits in India must not exceed more than 180 days during this time.
- If you are a foreign national of Indian origin, you must have an OCI or PIO Card to import your pet to India.
- Other Indian citizens looking to visit India on a short visa can obtain a DGFT license to bring their pet to India as long as their pet departs with them.
- If you are a foreign national not of Indian origin, you must be relocating to India to work or live for a minimum of one year to import your pet.
- Unaccompanied dogs and cats cannot imported to India unless associated with their owner who is transferring residency to India. The owner must enter India within 30 days of their dog or cat.
- The owner’s original passport will be required and held until your pet clears customs.
- We strongly recommend to appoint a local pet agent in India to handle for the India side